April 12, 2010 by Sandhya Hariharan
Simplicity is Divine! goes quite apt with this dry Curry. Very simple ingredients but very strong in flavours.This green leafy vegetable(Methi) though bitter... it compliments quite well with Potatoes.... Both H n me are potato n Methi lovers. One of our favourite recipes.. straight for my records.Enzoy....
|Potatoes(Aloo)||2 Nos large in size|
|Fenugreen Leaves(Methi)||1 Cup|
|Crushed Garlic||3 Pods|
|Sunflower Oil||2 Tblspn|
|Dried Red Chilles||1-2 Nos|
|Concentrated Tomato Puree||1 Tsp ( Optional)|
|Red Chilli Powder||1Tsp|
- Wash & peel the potatoes. Chop them into equal sizes.Slice onions lengthwise.
- Parboil the potatoes in the cooker or open pan in sufficient water .
- Wash ,dry the methi & sort out the leaves. Chop them coarsely and set aside.
- Heat oil in a Wok & add in crushed garlic . Saute until it turns nearly brown .
- Pop in cumin seeds & red chillies.Once cumin begins to splutter , add in sliced onions with a pinch of salt. Saute for 2 minutes.
- Add Methi Leaves and saute for 2 min . Drop the cooked potatoes along with turmeric , chilli and tomato puree .Set the flame to low. Cover and cook until done. Stir every now and then , in this process .Adjust Salt according to the requirement.
- Serve this authentic delicacy with Rice or Phulkas..
I like it a bit tangy and hence you would find most dishes with a twist of tomato puree...Its optional ...