January 27, 2010 by Sandhya Hariharan
Hi All ,
Hope everyone had a lovely New Year celebration and holidays ... Its soo good to be back with posts and hope to catch up with all the pending posts from my fellow bloggers atleast by Feb 1st week. With little one around , unpacking and catching up with my routine is taking a bit of time.
This post has been lying in my inbox for the last one month before I left for my holidays . I thoroughly enjoyed eating puff @ Bangalore after all the nostlalgic memories... :)
M y Love for Vegetable puff has been intense ever since a kid.. Every year we come to Bangalore for vacation, I would request my uncle to take us to the baker and buy me a Puff. After we grew up , we would hop in ourselves ,stealthily eat them at odd hours :)
After we moved to Uk , I used to drool thinking off a puff.. I was introduced to making at home by a distant cousin Vidya a few years ago.. I just loved it and decided it to make it at the next occasion after returning home.. Have made this classy puff a couple of times and offcourse filling is entirely our choice.. every time it would vary ...
I had picked up the puff pastry sheets 2 weeks ago for a party starter.. but now since there is a slight change in plan , I decided to use it up for our evening snack.
Enjoy this lovely quickly snack and do let me know how it comes out.
|Puff Pastry Block||:1 Packet|
|Plain/ All Purpose Flour||:for dusting|
|Vegetables of choice||:1 cup (I have used Peas , Sweet corn , Carrots and french Beans)|
|Onions||:1 nos sliced length wise|
|Tomato||:1 nos chopped finely|
|Ginger- garlic paste||:1 Tsp|
|Garam Masala||:1 Tsp|
|Green chillies||:1 nos chopped finely|
|Cumin Seeds||:1/2 Tsp|
|Coriander leaves ( optional )||:I havent used in this preparation|
- Remove the puff pastry block from the refrigerator and follow the instructions from the packet.
- Chop the vegetables finely and cook them in microwave and keep it aside.
- In the mean while lets prepare the filling for the Puff . Heat 2 tsp of oil , add cumin seeds and allow it to splutter. Add Ginger Garlic Paste , chopped green chillies and saute for 1 min.
- Add sliced onions and a pinch of salt and saute for 2-3 minutes until they turn slightly brown.
- Add chopped tomato and cooked vegetables and saute them for 5 min. Sprinkle Garam masala & salt to taste and mix well.Keep the mixture aside .
- Spread the puff pastry sheet using a rolling pin . Use plain flour/all pupose flour for dusting. Cut it into desirable size. I have Cut them into 8" by 8" square . Placed 2 tablespoon full of mixture and sealed them by pressing the edges. Repeated this process for the rest of the mixture.
- Preheat the oven to 180C. Dust the baking tray with a bit of plain flour. Place the vegetable puffs in the tray and bake them until they turn golden brown or nearly for 30 minutes.
- Serve hot with Ketchup or just as it is.