October 2, 2009 by Sandhya Hariharan
My English granny neigbour & self came up with a pact of learning typical cusines from each other in our free time. So the other day she mentioned to me about the Carrot-Coriander soup being very english & lovely.
Googled over the internet & came up with this very authentic recipe.
|Carrots ||3 -4 Big ones peeled & chopped|
|Coriander||1 cup chopped|
|Vegetable stock||1 cube (I have used a Knorr)|
|Onion||1 nos medium sized chopped|
|Olive Oil||2 tsp|
|Single Cream||5 tsp ( optional)|
|Freshly ground Pepper||1 tsp|
This preparation serves 4.
- Dissolve the vegetable stock in about 1 litre of warm water & mix them well.
- Heat oil in a large pan & add chopped onions & carrots. Saute them for 2-3 min.
- In the mean while add about 2-3 strands of coriander in a blender and blend it .Add this ground coriander to the carrots in the pan.
- Also add the vegetable stock in water to the carrots & bring to boil , then reduce the heat. Cover & cook for 20 -25 minutes until the carrots are tender.
- Tip the whole thing into the liquidiser with the rest of the coriander and blend it until smooth.Pour them back into the pan ,add the required salt & pepper & also 3-4 tsp of cream . Reheat if necessary and serve hot for lunch or supper.
- Before serving ,garnish the soup with a tsp of cream & a little of coriander leaves.