September 24, 2009 by Sandhya Hariharan
Thank you EC from Simple Indian Food for introducing me to fellow bloggers in the Budding Blogger Series & giving bloggers an opportunity to discover my blog . It was truely special to me .
Coming to Paneer ... Its such a versatile ingredient.. Its fun to play with it in my cooking. Use it as a starter or for a main course or for a sweet.. always well appreciated.
Paneer sandwitch is something which my mother used to make for us as an evening snack occasionally & its pretty quick.
|White Bread - Medium Thickness||8 slices|
|Green Chutney ( Coriander Chutney)||Optional|
|Indian Cottage Cheese(Paneer)||1 Cup Grated|
|Coriander leaves / Cilantro||1 Cup Chopped finely|
|Crushed green chillies||1 table spoon|
|Chopped Onions||1/2 cup|
|Freshly ground Pepper||1/2 - 1 tsp|
- Mix all the filling ingredients in a medium sized bowl.
- Lay the slices of bread on a clean cutting board and apply butter to it on either side.( This will keep the sandwitch slice a little moist & golden).If you wish you could spread a layer of coriander chutney/spread on one slice innerside. Now put a generous amount of the prepared paneer mixture on 4 of the slices. Spread to cover entire slice. Top with another buttered slice.
- Heat up the Sandwitch Toaster & now place the filled bread slices over it.
- Grill or Toast the sandwich till crispy and golden.
- Cut the Sandwitches diagonally & serve hot with Ketchup .
Sending this post to Priya's event Sunday Snacks - Bread.