September 27, 2009 by Sandhya Hariharan
I had picked up couple of bunches of coriander & methi...over the weekend.. So just decided to quickly make a variety flat bread rather than the regular phulka.
|Whole Wheat Flour||2 cups|
|Chopped Coriander||1 cup|
|Gram Flour(Besan)||2 Tsp|
|Green Chillies||1 Nos chopped finely|
|Red Chilli Powder||Optional|
|Turmeric Powder( Haldi)||3/4 Tsp|
|Ajwain Seeds||1 Tsp|
|Water||About 1 Cup|
|Oil ||2 Tsp for kneading |
|Ghee/Oil ||2-4 Tsp for spreading |
- Knead a soft dough mixing all the ingredients with slow addition of water . Now add the oil and knead the dough again until it doesnt stick to your palm.
- Divide the dough into 10 small balls.
- Taking one ball of dough at a time, dust with flour and roll each one flat.
- Cook the rotis for 1-2 minutes, turning once, until lightly puffed up and lightly browned on both sides.Add few drops of oil while cooking the roti's.Drain on kitchen paper towel.
- Serve hot with Pickle, Ketchup & Yogurt.
Sending this post across to Erbe In cucina's Weekend Herb Blogging Event and to this site.