September 30, 2009 by Sandhya Hariharan
As soon as Navrathri begun , we were on a No Onion No Garlic Diet . But wanted to eat something chatpata... So had made Aloo Tiki along with Jain Chole for the Aloo Tiki Chat
Will post the Aloo Tiki chat Recipe some other time along with the wonderful chutney's.
|Boiled Potatoes||3 Nos|
|Freshly grated Ginger||1 tsp|
|Frozen Green Peas||15-20 Nos|
|Crushed Green Chillies||1-11/2 tsp|
|Freshly ground pepper||1/2 tsp|
|Cumin Seeds||1/2 tsp|
|Bread Crumbs||1 cup|
|Semolina( Rava)||4 tsp|
- Boil & mash the potatoes & keep it aside.
- In the mean while defrost the green peas taken from the freezer.
- Using a parmesan cheese grater , grate the ginger .
- To make bread crumbs , simply cut 2-3 bread slices into big chunks and put it in your blender & blend it.
- With the semolina.. we need to make a semolina paste. Add few drops of water to semolina and mix it until it is neither too solid nor too watery.
- Heat 1 tsp of oil in a non stick pan and drop cumin seeds .Once they splutter ,add ginger,green chillies & saute it for few seconds. Add green peas & saute it for about 2 minutes. Add the remaining ingredients - Mashed Potatoes , Chopped coriander leaves, pepper powder & required salt and saute for 1 min. Keep the potato mash aside to cool down & then make small round balls.
- Taking one ball at a time , gently flatten them into 1/2-3/4 inch thickness & give them a desired shape using a cookie cutter. Rub a little of semolina paste all over the pattice & again roll them gently in the bread crumbs mix.
- Repeat the process with the rest of the potato mixture.
- Now shallow fry them in 1 tsp of oil until both the sides are crisp golden brown.
- Drain all the aloo tiki's in a paper napkin to remove any excess oil.Alternatively you can bake the aloo tiki's after giving them desired shape.
- Serve crispy aloo tiki hot with ketchup or with green chutney.