August 27, 2009 by Sandhya Hariharan
5 A day concept being quite talked about by every one starting from school kids to tele shows. Just thought , why know make a Salad to earn one of the 5 a day sticker .
- Lettuce :Take a handful .Wash it well and chop is finely
- Cucumber: 6" length. Slice it finely into 1" each
- Carrots: 6"length.Slice it into thin carrot sticks
- Salad onions : 2 stock : Slice it into thin pieces
- Cherry Tomato: 5-6 Nos. Dice them into 4 pieces each
- Sliced Black olives : 10-15 nos
- Green Pepper : a small piece . Slice it into thin length wise pieces
- Olive Oil : 2-4 tsp
- Salt: to taste
- Pepper : 3/4tsp
- Dried basil : 1/2 tsp
- In a clean washed bowl , add all the vegetables.
- Drizzle a little bit of extra olive oil onto them. Add salt to taste .Also add freshly ground pepper from the mill.
- Sprinkle about half a tsp of dried basil. Using 2 spatulas , toss the vegetables with other ingredients a few times .
- Healthy starter salad is ready to be served.