July 15, 2009 by Sandhya Hariharan
Thepla is a gujrathi version to methi paratha.They are quite an ideal meal for long trips.
I remember carrying them to switzerland too and eating
them after 2 days. Just yummy & healthy.It could be had with ketchup or pickle or curd.
- 1 Bunch of Methi : cleaned, washed n chopped finely . Rougly 1 cup
- Wheat flour : 2 cups
- Turmeric : 1/2 tsp
- Chilli powder : 1 tsp or Green chilli : 2 crushed ( optional)
- Ajwain : 1/2 tsp
- Hing : 1/2 tsp
- Salt : to taste
- Oil : 3-4 tsp
- Mix all the above ingredients except oil. Knead it in to a soft dough ( just like for roti) with yogurt . Now add the oil towards the end and make a soft dough. Keep the dough aside for 30 min covered.
- Make small balls , just like how we make for phulkas.
- Dust in dry flour & roll out . Apply few drops of oil and cook on either side on a hot tava like usual paratha's.
- Serve the hot theplas with raitha & pickle.