October 19, 2014 by Sandhya Hariharan
Thank you Tilda for the amazing new flavoured Rice Sachets, something of the flavors, I have never imagined in combination and with a great packaging material .
Garden Vegetable & Quinoa,Brown Basmati & Quinoa, Sweet Chilli & Lime and khichdi Packets for Elders. Some fabulous range for kids too - Cheese& Tomato Rice , Sunshine Vegetables , Mild & Sweet Curry Rice ,Sweet Vegetable Rice !! They look absolutely delicious.
A Lazy Sunday afternoon today with no mood and intention to cook. It has been gloomy and partially drizzling.These Microwaveable Rice Sachets were right in time for our Lunch. We tried the Garden Vegetables with Quinoa and Khichdi. At any time , my vote goes to Khichdi.. They are a whole meal in its self but we still needed ample sides like Raitha, Pickle and some crisps to pair the rice with. We found the rice slightly bland to enjoy on its own. Probably since we are used to cooking them all up at home from scratch, we were quite skeptical trying the ready made rice.
Somewhere in the corner of the mind, we did have some expectation in perfect bursting aroma and flavors when you heat the packet. But nothing like that happened. All our zeal lost its charm with our first spoonful of taste. Having said that, the rice was good if you need instant food and want to enjoy flavors with no preconceived notion.
They exactly took 2 minutes to cook in the microwave. All that we had to do was to follow the instructions printed on the back of the sachet. Make a little slit , by pulling it apart on the left hand side ,cook it for 2 minutes on full power in the microwave and Serve.
if Microwave unavailable, stir fry the whole sachet in 2 tsp of water and cook as per the instructions.
What do we win ??
A kids Apron
A kids Bag - Tilda Kids
A White Bowl.
One of the microwaveable kids sachets.
1. This free competition is open to UK residents aged 16 years or over.
2. No purchase is necessary to enter the competition.
3. Giveaway ends November 2nd 2014 at 11:59 PM BST. After this date the no further entries to the competition will be permitted.
4. One lucky winner will be chosen by Random generator and will be contacted by email.
5. The giveaway prize, as mentioned will be posted by Sandhya’s Kitchen to the winner. Tilda has sent the giveaway prize to me.
6. By sharing your email id in the comment you allow Tilda and me to contact you to notify you in case you win
7. The prize is as stated: no cash alternatives are available.
8. You get one entry each by way of commenting on this blog post and following me on Instagram OR one entry by following @sandhyaskitchen on twitter AND following me on Instagram, OR one entry by liking Sandhyaskitchen on Facebook ( do not forget to mention your facebook name in the comment here , comment once only) AND following me on Instagram .
9. All entries via any of the above modes is valid and you can enter by any one way.
10. All blog comments must mention your email id clearly and without a spelling error so the winner can be contacted.
11. The winner will be notified within 7 days of the closing date via the email id provided an announced on this blog post.
12. If winner fails to respond within 7 days then another winner will be chosen.