December 17, 2014 by Sandhya Hariharan
The guest post session in my blog comes ad hoc but of the writers, chief thinkers and executers whose blog I love to read / admire, virtually drool and more. Today's post is a special post from yet another long time virtual blog buddy Lubna from Yummy Food. Hop over to her space and drool over the wonderful dishes and treats, specially the microwave treats that Lubna makes in a jiffy. Her blog run's a Ramadan Special Fast to Feasting event every year, introducing new guest writers with their yummily delightful treat.
I have been wanting to introduce Lubna to my writers for a very long time, but time and occasion didnt fit right.Days passed and months and we are in winter now! Lubna came up with her a totally innovative Microwave Muffins and the wait was totally worth it!!!This post was intended for November.Having said that since I am still holidaying until mid January,we decided to bring the delicious treat to cover my absence.
There is hardly any microwave recipe in this blog and thats what makes this post special. The guest posts brings some spice and flavour in their own speciality and thats exactly what Lubna has brought for us. Why not treat your family and friends this christmas with some Microwave Muffins..
Thank you Lubna for taking time and writing such a delectable treat post !
- Line silicone muffin mould with paper cases and set aside. If not using paper cases then gently brush butter inside the muffin mould and dust with flour.
- Sift flour, icing sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt all together for 2-3 times. This process is just to incorporate everything together.
- Beat egg, butter, milk with vanilla extract together. Now slowly fold in the sifted flour. Fold in gently.
- Pour the batter into greased and dusted silicone mould or paper cases up to ¼ th capacity of the mould and spoon ¼ tbsp. of blueberry jam on it and then again pour in a layer of batter. Tap around to make sure the batter is scattered evenly.
- Sprinkle roasted almond flakes on top and microwave on high for 1 or 1½ minutes or until the toothpick/skewer comes out clean.
- Leave the muffins in the microwave for another 1 minute before taking out. Leave it to cool for 2-3 minutes and remove from silicone mould and place on cake wire stand to cool completely.
- Last but not least add your 'love' to make the dish 'YUMMY'.